Stipends for students
DURING STUDY IN 1st and 2nd DEGREE UNIVERSITY STUDY PROGRAMMES (hereinafter referred to as bachelor, master and doctoral study)
IN THE SLOVAK REPUBLIC
- 10 places for students for semestral/5 – months study stay
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR will grant to applicants scholarships for university study in Slovak or English language in a selected study field according to the valid system of study departments at public universities of the SR.
Persons applying for a scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR for part of bachelor, master and doctoral degree study programmes of university studies in the framework of the offer must meet the following conditions:
- study at foreign university study programme related to that one the applicant is applying for in the SR,
- submit a completed application form for the provision of a scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR with preliminary acceptation letter from anticipated academic department in the SR and also with the respective appendices (electronically at http://scholarships.studyin.sk/en/application),
- only students of bachelor, master, engineer and doctoral degree study programmes in age from 18 to 26 years may apply for the scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR.
A holder of a scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR will be approved for the period of the study in the selected study department, stipulated by the statute of the respective university, i.e. at the time when the scholarship holder is according to internal legal regulations a university student, with the following:
- a monthly scholarship in total amount of 280 €,
- accommodation in student halls of residence and catering in student dining halls at a fee equal to that for students with the SR citizenship,
- education at the selected public university, under the same conditions as provided for citizens of the SR during the study period set by the statute of the university.
Foreign nationals studying in the SR are provided health care:
Pursuant to Section 3 paragraph 3 sub-paragraph (d) of the Act No. 580/2004 Coll. on health insurance, as later amended, a natural person shall be covered by mandatory public health insurance scheme, where the person does not have a permanent residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic, unless he or she is covered by the health insurance in another state of the European Union, or a contractual state of the Treaty of the European Economic Area, or in Swiss Confederation, and where he or she is a student from another
Pursuant to Section 11 paragraph 7 sub-paragraph (h) of the cited act, the state shall pay insurance contributions in respect of a foreign student to ensure the obligations ensuing from international agreements, by which the Slovak Republic is bound.
Other scholarship holders to which the above is not applicable shall take up an insurance policy on the coverage of expenses for medical treatment and drugs in a commercial health insurance. In case they have not taken up a policy they will have health care for direct payment.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR does not provide any financial sources to cover travel costs at commencement and completion of the study in the SR.