Stipends for graduates
DURING STUDY IN 3RD DEGREE UNIVERSITY STUDY PROGRAMMES (hereinafter referred to as doctoral) IN THE SR
- 7 places for graduates for semestral/5 – months study stay
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR will grant applicants scholarships for doctoral study programme in Slovak or English language at public universities of the SR in accordance with acceptation of the university in the SR or academic educational department of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
Persons applying for a scholarship for doctoral study in the framework of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR offer must fulfil these conditions:
- have completed university education in a second degree study programme (having gained the academic title “MSc.” at a foreign university or “Mgr.”, “Ing.”, “MUDr.” or “MVDr.” at a university in the SR) and study selected study department at foreign university.
- submit a completed application form for the provision of a scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR with a statement of the study department of the doctoral study according to the applicable list of study departments of doctoral study carried out in the SR with a preliminary acceptance of the anticipated department or institute in the SR, as well as the respective appendices (electronically at http://scholarships.studyin.sk/en/application),
- only students of doctoral degree study programmes in age from 23 to 35 years may apply for the scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sportof the SR.
To study a selected study department for the approved period of time as decided by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR, i.e. during the time the student is considered to be a scholarship holder pursuant to internal state regulation, for this time period the following will be provided:
- a monthly scholarship in total amount of 330 €,
- accommodation in student halls of residence and catering in student dining halls at a fee equal to that for students with the SR citizenship,
- education at the selected public university, under the same conditions as provided for citizens of the SR during the approved study stay.
Foreign nationals studying in the SR are provided health care:
Pursuant to Section 3 paragraph 3 sub-paragraph (d) of the Act No. 580/2004 Coll. on health insurance, as later amended, a natural person shall be covered by mandatory public health insurance scheme, where the person does not have a permanent residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic, unless he or she is covered by the health insurance in another state of the European Union, or a contractual state of the Treaty of the European Economic Area, or in Swiss Confederation, and where he or she is a student from another Member State, or a foreign student studying at a school in the Slovak Republic under an international agreement that is binding on the Slovak Republic.
Pursuant to Section 11 paragraph 7 sub-paragraph (h) of the cited act, the state shall pay insurance contributions in respect of a foreign student to ensure the obligations ensuing from international agreements, by which the Slovak Republic is bound.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR does not provide any financial sources to cover travel costs at commencement and completion of the study in the SR.